Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Impromptu tournament

I saw on a western New York webpage that there was a partner tournament on Honeoye lake today so I asked a friend if he wanted to fish it so we did. For those of you that aren't familiar with this body of water, it is known for alot of small fish.
We blasted off at 7 am and began fishing. It took less than 30 minutes for us to have our limit of 5 bass. Like I said before, a lot of fish but small. Those 5 fish weighed 5 pounds and 12 ounces.
As the day progressed we culled out smaller fish for bigger ones. To make a long story short, we ended up with 11 pounds even and finished is 5th place. The winners had 19 pounds 3 ounces.
Not to get down on myself as it was. A personal best for honeoye lake.
My next tournament is on th 14th at Oswego Harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment